If your company uses an electric pallet jack in the warehouse, it is important to follow proper safety precautions and procedures when operating the pallet jack to avoid injury or property damage.
Operation: Because all of the operations for a motorized pallet jack are done through a controller, they are extremely user friendly and require little effort or exertion on the part of the operator.
- To use the pallet jack, simply unplug it from the charger and use the controller to move, raise and lower the forks, and then bring the pallet jack back to its charger after use.
- The controls should be marked clearly on each pallet jack, but each one might be slightly different.
Safety: Regardless of the type of electric pallet jack you have, there are a few safety rules that will always hold true.
- Make sure the load is centered and stable before lifting it with the pallet jack.
- Keep the center of gravity low (and therefore more stable) by keeping the load as low to the floor as possible.
- Avoid sudden movements, as this can make your load tip or slide off the fork. Move slowly, keep an eye on your surroundings, and make sure others in the warehouse are aware if you are turning a corner or crossing an aisle.
- Remember that electric pallet jacks have a wide swing when they turn, and keep your body clear.